Shaver Camp dedication honors re-enactor
On Nov. 5, two Civil War markers and a Civil War monument were dedicated in ceremonies that included Civil War re-enactors presenting in a three-volley gun salute by the 30th Arkansas Infantry – light artillery. The first dedication was a marker on Highway 62 West noting the site of the first camp established by Col. Robert G. Shaver in 1861. The camp was dedicated to the memory of Jim Kincade who, as a Civil War buff and reenactor, had lobbied for recognition of the camp which served as a training camp during the war.
To view more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition https://www.etypeservices.com/J.%20V%20Rockwell%20PublishingID250/